Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The world is laid bare before me

Although I'm well versed in mathematics and physics, the building blocks of the universe, there are others who's perception in those fields is far deeper than mine - and being so far surpassed there is nothing for me to add to human understanding of the universe. Luminaries abound, and the world listens to them.

Human understanding of Ethics, on the other hand, seems muddied by perpendicular perspectives and an acceptance of opinions as incontrovertible. While it is true that all are entitled to their opinion, the fact that different opinions exist does not mean that one cannot be demonstratively, objectively better than others.

I am a child of my time, no doubt. And while this demonstrates that I too am merely a single voice amongst many, the secular and rational womb that nurtured me freed me from the twin tyrannies of superstition and obedience to dogma that haunt so much of human ethics.

With clarity and vision, the world is laid bare. The causes of the confusion and conflict that repress humanity become visible, as are their solutions. In this blog I will work through the baggage of current ethics, and present an alternate approach to ethics from the ground up that will allow us to see ourselves as we truly are, and finally build upon that knowledge for a better future for mankind.

No comments: